Studio Policies & Procedures
Music Lesson Pricing
|Lesson Length||Single Lesson||
(2022-23 Pricing. Pricing subject to change with notice.)
To Register for 2022-23 Lessons: Simply complete our Online Registration Form. Indicate your preferred weekly time slot on the form. We will contact you to confirm your time and details.
Please also see our Health & Safety Policy below.
Weekly Music Lesson Schedule
- Register for weekly, one-on-one private lessons.
- Lessons may be 0.5 or 1.0 hour in length.
- Your weekly time slot remains consistent throughout the term.
- Our terms run from September - June, following the Waterloo Region District School Board public school schedule.
- There are no lessons during the winter break, holiday Mondays, Good Friday or March Break.
- You will have the opportunity to register for summer lessons separately.
- Once we have confirmed your weekly lesson timeslot, you will receive login details to your Student Control Panel. In the Student Control Panel, you can see to your payment options, schedule, events, and student practice recordings.
We require a first-and-last month’s deposit to comply with our cancellation policy. This deposit would be used for your final month of lessons. We require a month’s notice (30 days) to cancel lessons. Please also see our “Withdrawal and Refunds” section below.
Payment of Fees:
For payment, we accept credit card payments, automated credit card payments, e-transfers, or post-dated cheques.
How to Pay Online: Once you have completed the Registration Form and we have confirmed your lesson timeslot for the term, you will receive login details to your Student Control Panel. In the “Accounts & Invoices” section, you can choose to “Make a Payment”.
Credit card: You will receive an invoice on the first of each month. In your Student Control Panel, when you choose to “Make a Payment”, you can choose to pay by credit card. You can select to “Keep this credit card on file for future payments”.
Automated Credit Card Payments: You will receive an invoice on the first of each month. In your Student Control Panel, when you choose to “Make a Payment”, you can choose to pay by credit card. For automated payments, select “Automatically pay emailed invoices”.
PayPal: In your Student Control Panel, when you choose to “Make a Payment”, you can choose to pay via PayPal.
E-transfer: You will receive an invoice on the first of each month. Note: a first and last month’s deposit is required to comply with our cancellation policy. This deposit would be used for your final month of lessons. We require a month’s notice to cancel lessons.
Cheque: Tuition must be paid via post-dated cheques dated for the first of each month from the starting date until June. Please leave our company name blank as we have a stamp to save you time when you fill out cheques. If you prefer to fill in the company name section, please make cheques payable to Russell Music Teaching Studios.
If a cheque is returned NSF there will be a service fee of $20 per cheque.
Withdrawal and Refunds:
There is a one-month (30 days) minimum notice time for all lesson cancellations. Withdrawal must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days before your last lesson. All cheques will be returned and payments stopped once proper notice is given. Russell Music Teaching Studios reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In this event, a refund for unused lessons will be given in full.
Missed Lessons By Teachers:
If a teacher cancels a lesson a make up will be offered or a credit towards future lessons will be given.
Missed Lessons By Students:
Make up lessons are not guaranteed. Make up lessons will be limited to ONE per teaching year regardless of the reason for the absence. If you would like additional make up time, please attend our Free Master Classes. We offer 4 two-hour group lessons as a gift to all students in the September-June term.
Care of Students:
Russell Music is not responsible for providing before and after class care for students. Parents with students under the age of 5 are to remain in the school during classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after class.
Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for injury sustained on school property resulting from activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.
Russell Music is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials created. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name.
Concert YouTube Video Release:
Russell Music is hereby granted permission to videotape and upload video footage onto YouTube so family members who are unable to attend can still watch from anywhere in the world.
Summer Lessons: July-August:
Summer lessons are encouraged. With the pressures of school eliminated, the summer months can be very productive. In July and August weekly lessons are available but not mandatory. The change in procedure is to accommodate vacation schedules of both students and teachers.
Health & Safety
- Please wear a mask at all times.
- Please put on your mask before entering the building.
- Masks need to fully cover your mouth and nose at all times.
- Upon entering the foyer, please remove your shoes and sanitize your hands.
- For younger students, I ask that only one adult accompany, as the waiting room is small.
- For adults, please do not bring anyone with you to lessons.
- If you have a cough, runny nose, fever, chills, nausea or any other flu-like symptom, please choose online lessons until you are once again fully healthy.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, please temporarily switch to online lessons. After 14 days, we can resume in-person lessons.
- If you have travelled out of the country, please switch to online lessons for 14 days.
- If you arrive with any of the above symptoms or circumstances, you will not be able to attend your lesson and will be asked to temporarily switch to online classes.